5 weeks ago
Monday, January 25, 2010
A mirage can be also observed at the sea in the vicinity of the geographical pole.
In this area, the upper layers of air are hot compared to the lower layers of the air.
Rays of the ship are refracted away from the normal until total internal refraction occurs. After that, the rays of light are refracted following a curve bending towards the normal until they reach the eyes of the observer.
The image is inverted and appears in the sky.
Superior mirage of tanker in Finland (http://virtual.finland.fi/finfo/english/mirage.html).
The Superior Mirage of Iceburg (http://www.phys.ufl.edu/~avery/course/3400/gallery)
Posted by Fizik at 3:32 PM
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2011 (27)
- Diffraction of waves
- Selamat Menyambut Thaipusam ( Happy Thaipusam )
- The Thin Lens Equation
- Drawing Ray Diagrams for Converging Lenses
- The power of lenses
- Spherical lens and cylindrical lens
- Ghost ship (Superior mirage)
- Properties of lenses
- The Electromagnetic Spectrum Song - by Emerson & W...
- Water ! Water !! ( Inferior Mirage )
- Optical fiber
- From refraction to total internal reflection
- Form 3 Science Chapter 4 (Reproduction)
- Total Internal Reﬂection
- Happy Ponggal
- At The Beach
- Critical Angle
- Getting bigger or smaller ?
- Illusion ?
- Which is easier to travel through, air or water?
- Snell’s Law
- What happens when light passes through a medium?
- Buka Sekolah
- ▼ January (25)
My Blog List
1 month ago
7 months ago
3 years ago
6 years ago
6 years ago